If you are passionate about helping young people hear the Gospel and grow in faith, then CRU Camps are for you!
Each year children miss out on attending camp because they are stuck on waiting lists. By volunteering to lead on a CRU Camp you can help get kids off these waiting lists and onto camp where they can learn about Jesus!
By leading on a CRU Camp you will be joining over 1100 other young volunteer Christian leaders who give a week of their time to lead each year. CRU Camp leaders are exceptional role models who care for and mentor a small group of children throughout camp. Each leader is passionate to help kids and youth enjoy the camp experience, grow in confidence and skills, investigate Jesus and have a go at great activities.
If that sounds like you, express your interest now!
Sample Leader Responsibilities
- Register and complete required checks and online training
- Attend training days and meetings
- Read your leaders manual
- Prepare games, activities and discussion starters
- Join the online camp group
- Care for the campers emotional, social, physical and spiritual needs
- Lead your daily discussion group
- Follow your leaders manual and the director’s instructions
- Lead and get involved with activities
- Complete post camp surveys and reports
- Stay in touch with campers as outlined in your leaders manual
- Monitor and share in the online camp group
- Keep praying for the campers and attend the camp reunion
- Get some rest and put next year’s camp in your calendar!
I'd like to lead on a CRU Camp