It’s great that you’re interested in being an Assistant Leader on a CRU Day Camp! It’s a wonderful way to share God’s love with kids, not just through what you teach but through your own life as well. All the while having a lot of fun and making great new friends!
Please read over the following expectations to make sure you understand what will be expected of you if you are an Assistant Leader on a Day Camp. If you still think you’ve got what it takes, please fill in the application form below.
- Support Crusaders’ Basis of Belief
- Display leadership skills or have the potential to develop them
- Have a sense of responsibility for people, property and equipment
- Be able to work in a team
- Be willing to give up your own wants on camp in order to serve the campers
- Have a growing Christian faith or a willingness to support the camp ethos
- Be willing to humbly receive and act on the feedback of senior leaders
Time, training and cost expectations
- Be on camp each day and for the set times
(7:45am to 6:30pm unless otherwise specified)
- Be able to attend all meetings (up to 2 before and one after)
- Attend Assistant Leader training sessions (up to 2 school afternoons) for camp
- Spend time before camp preparing for any activities you are involved in running and come prepared and ready each day
- Complete Crusaders’ Child Protection Training (~1hr)
- Complete a full CRU Camps volunteer registration form
- Contribute the set leaders fee to cover the cost of food and activities ($10 per day of camp)
If you think you can meet these character and time expectations, please fill in the Assistant Leader Application Form below.